Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Portlandia



My mom and I traveled with my almost 92-year-old grandpa to Portland, Oregon, to celebrate my cousin Jill's wedding. We had a memorable time bonding with Grandpa---especially when we trekked to the coast for him to "see the Pacific Ocean one last time" which inspired Grandpa to tell us his most memorable stories from his Pacific Arena WWII deployment. Portland was awesome: the people were beyond friendly (seriously, are people always this friendly in Portland?!); the culture was local, original, and creative; and the weather was the perfect mix of sunny and rainy all wrapped up in one day. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed my trip, and the best part is that IFC's Portlandia now makes perfect sense to me after having traveled to this great city. And also, Jill and Greg's wedding was beautiful. Thanks for introducing me to Portland Jill!

No comments:

Post a Comment