Search This Blog

Monday, May 13, 2013

Hagia Sophia

When I visited the Hagia Sophia with my friends Michaela and Bugra, there were hundreds of school children touring the church-cum-mosque-cum-museum with their teachers. So many of them spoke to me in their very proficient English, "Are you an American?", "Hello, How are you?", and "Welcome to Turkey!" Turkish hospitality is real, and there is nothing more hospitable than children who are interested in your safe and pleasant travels.

Tangentially, I was visiting about my trip to Istanbul with my friend Nima and his parents who are from Iran, and they agreed that Turkish hospitality is real, but it is nothing compared to Persian hospitality! How wonderful this concept to outdo one another with love and generosity!

No comments:

Post a Comment