Search This Blog

Thursday, January 11, 2018

George Eliot Review


My accomplished friend, Bev Rilett, has achieved a major feat in Victorian literature studies. Her visionary persistence and enduring love for George Eliot has resulted in the digitization of the George Eliot Review based out of Eliot's home region of Nuneaton, England. I am very impressed by the relationships she forged to make this online archive possible; the persistence in finding funding and tech support through the University of Nebraska; and her tenacity in transcribing, encoding, and editing this work in such expeditious fashion even amidst her own Eliot book project, her teaching pursuits, and her multiple roles as scholar/teacher/mentor/wife/mother/friend. So many scholars will be blessed by Dr. Rilett's expansion of Eliot studies to an online format. So many congratulations and kudos to you, Bev!!!

The George Eliot Review is the journal where my very first peer-reviewed publication appeared so many years back. Now, thanks to Dr. Rilett, the journal is digitized, and I can share my publication with my friends online! Here is the link: 





And, I can now offer public thanks to the people who helped me pursue these intellectual ideas when I was a young student scholar. Many thanks to Dr. Thomas A. Lewis (Brown University), Dr. Paul Dafydd Jones (University of Virginia), Dr. Laura White (University of Nebraska), Dr. Beverley Park Rilett (University of Nebraska), and the peer reviewers and scholars at the George Eliot Review.




No comments:

Post a Comment