Search This Blog

Thursday, September 21, 2017

All About Pie

Every day when the kids come home from school, I try to have a snack waiting for them. They are ravenous after a big day of math, reading, and recess! The most popular snack is my homemade pie, so I've started a new domestic mission: to master the art of the home-baked pie. Yesterday, I made a cherry, a blueberry, and a caramel apple. We sent the cherry pie home with friends after they came over for dinner last night; and the kids licked the apple pie plate clean. All that is left is the blueberry (pictured above). My crust needs some work---mostly I need to go big or go home when fluting the sides. I tend to make small creases which, when baked, disappear into weak suggestions of a flute. Here, I cut the pie into many small pieces to accommodate the kids' little tummies, but whatever way it's served up, pie is really the most wonderful dessert...


No comments:

Post a Comment